Your car should be cleaned often to keep it looking like new and to protect your paint and clear coating. Bugs and tar can accumulate on your car, especially on your hood, windshield and even on your rims. Your rims may look filthy even after washing the rest of your car. Your rims should be given a deep clean in order to keep their shine. See below for tips on how to deep clean your alloy rims.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Rubber gloves
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- 2 Tbsp. baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Small brush
- Garden hose
- First, make a neutralizing spray with the baking soda and water in a spray bottle. Add 2 Tbsp. baking soda to the spray bottle, then fill the bottle the rest of the way with water. Shake it gently to mix it thoroughly.
- Next, take your toilet bowl cleaner (The Works works best - look for a cleaner that contains hydrochloric acid), and add a small amount to the toothbrush or small brush. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when using this cleaner.
- Rinse down your first rim to remove loose dirt and other debris.
- Then you'll use the toothbrush with the toilet bowl cleaner on it to remove dirt, tar, bugs and other debris or stains off of your rim. The small brush allows you to get into all of the nooks and crannies of your rim. Rinse and add more cleaner if needed.
- Next, use the neutralizing spray on your rim to neutralize the acid from the toilet bowl cleaner. Then rinse your rim with water.
- Repeat the steps until your rims are clean and shining like new.
- Dry your rims to remove excess water and to prevent water spots.
Make your tires shine and prevent cracking of your tire by using a tire cleaner such as Armor All. Spray the tire with the cleaner, then wipe them down to blend it in. Your tires will shine to match your shiny and beautiful rims.
Wash your car often to protect your car's paint and clear coat. Be sure to pay attention to the rest of your car as well such as the windows, tires, and rims, and don't forget about the inside as well. If you aren't too keen on detailing your car yourself, take it to a professional auto detailing shop to have your car cleaned and detailed for you. You should have it detailed professionally a few times per year to keep your car looking like new. To learn more, contact a company like A&G Auto Spa & Mobile Detailing.